Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the back-up plan

may peace be upon you.

I'm only 20 not 21. Birthdays come with a lot of things and one of them is "Being expected to be someone whom sometimes you yourself aren't ready to be".

My 20 (well, almost) years of plan was to to see the world (or atleast go out and travel alone or with a good friend) before settling down to reality and adulthood. I wanted to put aside worries of joblessness and the feeling of being useless and ingrate for a little while and cherish the freedom of completing my diploma, a baby-step-study-stop sure, but still ?

I just wanted a break from school, work, interviews and the "Hey, what are you doing now?" thingys. Its depressing. Weird, they say you'll only get depressing birthdays when you're 40 and experiencing menopause or 'transitions of life'. I'm 20 years early. whoa. hurrah for me.


Time for a back-up plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment